The World Geothermal Congress (http://www.wgc2010.org) opens at the Bali International Convention Centre on APRIL 25 in Nusa Dua. Noted as the pre-eminent event in the geothermal calendar, the congress will attract 2,000 delegates and exhibitors from countries as far afield as Iceland and New Zealand.
Sinclair Knight Merz will exhibit at the conference and will be represented by its Indonesia based team including Ian Bogie (Senior Geologist) plus Jim Lawless (Geothermal Resources Practice Manager), Greg Ussher (Regional Manager, Generation Clients), Paul Quinlivan (Clean Energy Advisor) and Phil White (Senior Geoscientist) from our New Zealand operation: Please visit us at Booth H C 6.
The following papers will be presented:
- "Green Pipelines – Is Sustainable Geothermal Development in Natural Forest Areas Just A Pipe Dream?"
Author: Paul Quinlivan
Monday 26 April, 3:30 - 5:10pm, Room H, Session 4H
- "Probabilistic Flow Modelling of Geothermal Wells in Sedimentary Aquifers"
Authors: Allan Clotworthy, Paul Quinlivan and Rory Coventry
Monday 26 April, 3:30 - 5:10pm, Room C, Session 4C
- "The Australian Code for Geothermal Reserves and Resources Reporting: Practical Experience"
Authors: Jim Lawless, M Ward, G Beardsmore
Tuesday 27 April, 08:30 - 10:10am, Room: J, Session 5J
- "The Nga Awa Purua Geothermal Project, Rotokawa, New Zealand"
Authors: Kevin McLoughlin, Aroha Campbell, Greg Ussher
Tuesday 27 April, 08:30 - 10:10am, Room H, Session 5H
- "What is the End Point for Geothermal Developments: Modelling Depletion of Geothermal Fields"
Authors: Allan Clotworthy, Jim Lawless, Greg Ussher
Thursday 29 April, 3:30 - 5:10pm, Room C, Session 16C
- "Magneto-telluric (MT) surveys in a challenging environment at Lihir Island, PNG"
Authors: Greg Ussher, Jacques Charroy, Jose (Jun) Seastres and Gener Villafuerte
Wednesday 28 April, 10:40am - 12:20pm, Room B, Session 10B
- Development Implications Arising from the Reinterpretation of the Results of a 3D MT Inversion at Bedugul, Bali, Indonesia
Authors: Ian Bogie, Edwin Joenoes, Shanti Sugiono, Stephen Hallinan and Don Watts
Tuesday 27 April, 08:30 - 10:10am, Room D, Session 5F
- Volcanic Landforms that Mark the Successfully Developed Geothermal Systems of Java, Indonesia Identified from ASTER Satellite Imagery
Authors: Ian Bogie, Shanti Sugiono, and Dwiyogarani Malik
Tuesday 27 April, 08:30 - 10:10am, Room D, Session 5D
- Characteristics of Hydrothermal Alteration in Part of the Northern Vapour-Dominated Reservoir of the Wayang Windu Geothermal Field, West Java
Authors: Angeline B. Abrenica, Agung Harijoko, Yudi Indra Kusumah and Ian Bogie
Monday 26 April, 3:30 - 5:10pm, Room D, Session 4D
- Resource Risk Assessment in Geothermal Greenfield Development; An Economic Implication
Authors: Julfi Hadi, Paul Quinlivan, Greg Ussher, Ontowiryo Alamsyah, Bambang Pramono and Asrizal Masri
Tuesday 27 April, 3:30 - 5:10pm, Room J, Session 8J
Please note the timetable may change as the Congress approaches.
And we will also look forward to meeting you at WGC 2015 in Australia and New Zealand.